Saturday, December 14, 2013

Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin

Don't we all just love anything bacon-wrapped? The answer is yes, yes we do.  Bacon makes everything better!  I originally saw this idea on Pinterest, but the pin didn't actually have a link, so I had to figure it out myself.  I thought I wanted to do beef tenderloin, but to be honest, I couldn't find any at our commissary, so I opted for pork.  Plus, I love pork tenderloin!  So I finally searched and found this recipe which worked out really well- plus it is Paleo-friendly!  It was fairly easy and definitely delicious- a great "fancy" meal that anyone can do.  Here is what I did:

Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
(serves 3-4)
  • 1 pork tenderloin
  • 6 slices of bacon
  • 1 T garlic powder
  • 1 t seasoned salt
  • 1 t dried basil
  • 1/2 t dried oregano
  • 1 t black pepper
  • olive oil
Preparation
Preheat oven to 375.  Combine garlic powder, seasoned salt, basil, oregano, and black pepper in a small bowl.  Rub seasoning all over the pork tenderloin. Wrap pork with bacon all around. If needed, secure with toothpicks (I just wrapped it around).  Coat the whole thing with olive oil.  Place in a 9x13 pan and bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes, or until pork is cooked through and the bacon is crisp.  Remove and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.


I served this with mashed cauliflower and it was delicious!  Try it out for yourself and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment