Friday, June 21, 2013

Paleo Peach Cobbler

A few weeks back I made my Paleo Lemon Bars for the first time, and they were delicious.  I especially liked the almond crust, and I figured I could use that for other desserts too!  I really love peaches, especially in the summertime, so I decided to do a peach cobbler. I made this for my family, and everyone really enjoyed it.  Here is what I did:

Paleo Peach Cobbler
(makes 8 servings or so)

Crust:
  • 1 c whole almonds
  • 2 T raw honey
  • 1 T coconut flour
  • 1/3 c apple sauce (or 1 egg)
Topping:
  • 4 peaches, sliced (about 2 cups, or use more if desired)
  • 1/2 T raw honey
  • 1/2 c whole almonds
  • 1 T raw honey (additional)
  • 1 T coconut oil
Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Start with the crust.  Place 1 c almonds in a food processor and chop them up until they are in chunky pieces, not too much that they become like almond meal.  In a bowl, combine the chopped almonds, honey, coconut flour, and apple sauce until mixed well.  Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper and press the crust into the pan until it is all spread out and nice and even. 



For the topping, combine the peach slices with about 1/2 T honey.  Spoon the peaches onto the crust and spread them out evenly.  Finally, chop up another 1/2 c almonds in the food processor, the same way as for the crust.  Combine them with the additional 1 T honey and coconut oil.  Sprinkle that mixture on top of the peaches (it won't cover the entire top). Bake for about 30 minutes, until the peaches are bubbly and the crust is golden brown.

I allowed this to cool for a bit, but you could also serve it warm. If you are sticking to Paleo, this would be great with some whipped coconut milk.  Or else, you can serve it with some vanilla ice cream, which is a delicious combo!
I kept the leftovers covered in the fridge (if you have leftovers).  Feel free to really load up on the peaches- I think it could have been even better peachier.  Try it out and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment