Saturday, December 21, 2013

Mashed Cauliflower

So I made this the other day, and then for some reason I have now been seeing it EVERYWHERE.  I guess it's the new thing??  Regardless, it is a great healthy alternative to mashed potatoes!  Now I am not going to lie like other people do and say this is JUST like potatoes. It's not.  But, the texture is similar, and the taste is delicious, so I think it is good enough!  It is pretty easy to do and is super healthy and Paleo.  Here is what I did:

Mashed Cauliflower
(serves 2-3)
  • 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into florettes
  • 1/4-1/2 c chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
  • salt & pepper
  • any other seasoning/toppings- I used green onion
Preparation
Steam the cauliflower until soft.  I did this in the microwave-safe container with some water for about 5 minutes, but you can also steam it in a pot on the stove.
Once it is soft, drain the water and pour in some chicken stock.  You can keep adding more if you want it more liquid-y.  Use a food processor or blender or immersion blender to blend thoroughly until there are no lumps.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Top with green onions or anything else you like.

I served these with my Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin and it was delicious.  Try it for yourself- maybe you will think it's just like mashed potatoes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment