Saturday, February 8, 2014

Salmon with Almonds & Asparagus

Can you believe I have never done a salmon recipe on here??  In fact, I can't even remember the last time we had salmon.  So, considering my husband LOVES it, and I'm always looking for something new, I decided it was time.  I found this recipe on Pinterest and it intrigued me, so I knew I had to try it.  Turns out, it was super quick, easy, and delicious.  Another great healthy meal that tastes great!  Win!  Here is what I did:

Salmon with Almonds & Asparagus
(serves 2)
  • 2 salmon fillets, skin on
  • 2 T olive oil
  • salt & pepper
  • 1/2 T dried parsley (or 1 T fresh, chopped)
  • 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 t red pepper flakes
  • 2 T sliced or chopped almonds
  • 2 lemon wedges
Preparation
Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle some olive oil over the fish, then sprinkle on salt, pepper, and parsley.  Rub it all over the fish.  Place skin side down on the pan and cook for 5 minutes, then turn and cook on the other side for 2 more minutes.  Remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.

Add 1 T oil to heat back up in the same pan.  Toss in the asparagus stalks and let them cook up for about a minute or so. Add in the garlic and chilli flakes and toss the aspargus through it.  Season with salt and pepper.  Continue to cook for another minute or so until the asparagus is slightly tender.  Toss the almonds with the asparagus and cook for another 30 seconds to brown the almonds slightly.

Remove the asparagus and almonds from the pan and divide between two plates.  Place one fillet on top of each plate and finish off with a squeeze of lemon juice.
As I said, this is a really easy meal to make, and is very healthy as well!  This is definitely one to try out- I am sure you will enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment