Monday, May 27, 2013

Paleo Baked Zucchini Sticks

I am always looking for different side dishes and vegetables that are delicious and of course Paleo friendly. The other day I wanted to make something that would be kind of like "fries" or something along those lines, but I've already done sweet potato fries.  I decided to do something with zucchini, since I always love zucchini!  I found some recipes online, but pretty much I just made this up along the way. It was super easy and delicious! Here is what I did:

Paleo Baked Zucchini Sticks
(serves 2-3)
  • 1 large zucchini
  • olive oil
  • 1/4 c almond flour (estimate)
  • salt 
  • pepper
  • garlic powder
Preparation
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.  Cut the zucchini into chunks/wedges. Spread out the zucchini chunks on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss them around until well coated.  Sprinkle the almond flour all over until they are coated, and then sprinkle on the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Toss the zucchini in the coating until they are nicely coated.  Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.  Here they are right out of the oven:
These will come out a little soggy rather than crispy, but if you shorten the time or use thicker chunks, they will be a bit crispier.  Regardless, they tasted great! 


We ate these with my Paleo Steak Fingers (which are also coated in almond flour breading), so it was kind of like a "fried food" meal, but a lot healthier.  I would recommend these with just about any meal though! Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment