Monday, May 20, 2013

Paleo 5 Minute Chocolate Almond Butter Cake

This dessert was really inspired by the Paleo Chocolate Cake (in Under 5 Minutes!) that I made a few weeks back, and is very similar.  Here's what happened though- I wanted to make it for my dessert tonight, but I didn't have very much almond flour... so I decided to make some substitutions and see what would happen.  The cakes taste very similar, but this one is a bit thicker and I like the texture (and flavor) a bit better than the original- you can taste the almond as well as the chocolate.  Try them both and see what you think!

Paleo 5 Minute Chocolate Almond Butter Cake
(serves 1... OR 2)
  • 1 T coconut flour
  • 2 T cocoa powder
  • 2 T raw honey
  • 1 T almond butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 t vanilla
  • dash salt
Preparation
In a mug, mix all the ingredients until well combined.  Cook in the microwave on high heat for 2 minutes.  That's it!  Eat it up!

I may keep playing around with this same basic microwave cake recipe, so stay tuned for more recipes!


No comments:

Post a Comment