Friday, August 2, 2013

Prosciutto Melon Summer Salad

So, I am classifying this meal as a lunch, even though technically I had it for dinner.  I mean, it could go either way.  I was inspired by the idea of making those melon bites wrapped in prosciutto slices, except I felt like that was more of a dinner-party appetizer thing.  And I am at home alone (well, with the dog).  No party here!  But I may as well make a delicious meal for myself!  This took about 5 minutes to put together and was really delicious.  It's one of those sweet & savory meals that I love, not to mention really healthy!  It contains a couple super foods, and is light and summery.  Try it for lunch OR dinner.  Here is what I did:

Prosciutto Melon Summer Salad
(serves 1)
  • 1-2 c baby spinach
  • 1 c cantaloupe chunks
  • 1-2 prosciutto slices, chopped
  • 1/2 avocado, sliced
  • olive oil
  • sea salt & pepper
Preparation
Fill a plate/bowl with the spinach and top with cantaloupe, prosciutto, and avocado.  Drizzle a bit of olive oil over top and season with sea salt & pepper (tip: go easy on the salt, as the prosciutto may be pretty salty itself).  Serve it up!

If you want to serve this to more people than just yourself, obviously you can double/multiply the amounts, but this was great for my meal.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment