Saturday, November 23, 2013

Paleo Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs

The other day I was inspired to come up with something different for dinner.  I had been going to my old staples a lot recently, so why not try something new??  I kind of made this up, but based on ideas I have seen before.  It is super simple, only a few ingredients, and really yummy!  This is probably a better summertime meal, but it was kind of warm a few days ago and I wanted something cheery and lighter.  So, voila!  I actually cooked these on my George Foreman grill, but obviously if you can use the outdoor grill, that would be best.  Here is what I did:

Paleo Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs
(serves 2-3)
  • 1-2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
  • 6 oz sliced ham (thicker than deli-style), cut into large pieces
  • 1/2 c pineapple chunks
  • 1 T tamari sauce
  • 1 T raw honey
Preparation
Heat a grill (or grill pan, or George Foreman) to medium-high.  In a small bowl, combine tamari sauce and honey.  Grab some skewers and skewer the chicken chunks, ham, and pineapple chunks, alternating the pieces.  Use a pastry brush to brush the sauce all over the skewers to let them soak up some of the marinade.

Cook for 7-8 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through.  NOTE: watch the skewers carefully- the honey will make them more likely to catch fire from grill flames and singe, so monitor the heat and grill placement.
I served these with some oven-roasted sweet potatoes, and it was a delicious and healthy meal!  You could also add other veggies to the skewers (red onion would be a great addition), and it would be great too.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment