Saturday, November 9, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Smoothie

Yes, I have already posted about 43749298 pumpkin recipes this Fall, but why not one more?  Considering it is becoming more winter-like here by now, this may be the last, so savor it!  I actually made this a while back, but have finally gotten around to posting about it.  You're welcome!  Anyway, a few weeks back, Pinterest was blowing up with pumpkin smoothie recipes and I thought, I love pumpkin and I love smoothies, so this should be perfect.  I went with a healthier version than some out there, and it turned out great.  It is definitely a Fall-friendly drink, and probably not for everyday consumption, but it was a nice treat!  Here is what I did:

Paleo Pumpkin Smoothie
(serves 1)
  • 1/2 c pumpkin puree (canned is fine)
  • 1/2 - 1 c almond milk (more if you want it thinner)
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 t vanilla
  • 3/4 t cinnamon
  • dash ginger
  • dash nutmeg
  • optional: 2-3 ice cubes (if you want it more chilled)
Preparation
Combine ingredients in blender or with an immersion blender.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment