Saturday, February 16, 2013

Peachy Pineapple Smoothie (with a Twist!)

When I was a first year at UVA, I would go to the AFC (Aquatic & Fitness Center) to work out a lot of mornings.  After my workout, I would stop by the cafe and get a smoothie, and my favorite flavor was the Peachy Pineapple.  I would watch them make it, and it seemed pretty easy: orange juice, ice, peaches, and pineapple.  So delicious and simple enough.  Since then, when I think of smoothies, I think of the AFC and those Peachy Pineapples.  So I decided to do my own spin on it!


First, I have to mention the fresh pineapple.  I love fresh pineapple, and I have found the BEST tool for slicing it.  You can find this gadget at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and it will literally change your life if you like fresh pineapple.  It will slice/chunk your pineapple in about a minute with little to no mess.  Get one!  They are like $15.  Worth it.

So for this smoothie I used:
  • Ice
  • 1/2 cup of Orange Juice 
  • A handful of Pineapple Chunks
  • 1/2 can of Peach Slices (you could use a real peach if you want)
  • A handful of Spinach

I decided to once again add spinach because really, why not?  It doesn't change the taste and you get a lot of nutrients from it!  So there you have it- my twist on an old favorite.  I will definitely be making this one again!

Before and after:


No comments:

Post a Comment