Friday, February 22, 2013

Silver Dollar Banana Pancakes

Last week I made those delicious Apple Cinnamon Almond Butter Pancakes which were a big hit, so today I decided to try another type of Paleo pancakes that a lot of people have recommended to us.  These are super easy and are really made of just 2 ingredients (though I added a little extra), so they are a great breakfast.  I mean, bananas + eggs = pancakes??  Who wouldn't want to try that?

Here is what I used:
  • 1 banana
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp coconut oil
Preparation
Mix the eggs until blended, then add the banana and mix it all up until incorporated.  I used my handy little Cuisinart immersion blender stick which was really fast and easy. You could also use a blender, or even just stir it up really well by hand.   Add the vanilla and cinnamon and give it a final mix.

Heat the skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil.  Once the coconut oil is melted and hot, spread it around to coat the skillet.  Use a sweet batter-pourer like I have, or just a scooper to pour a small amount of batter into the skillet to make silver dollar-sized pancakes.  My large skillet could fit 4 at a time.  HINT: the smaller they are, the easier they will be to flip. Once they start to bubble like regular pancakes, flip them and let them cook another minute. Remove them to a plate and continue with the rest of the batter.

I served these with strawberries and honey, but they are even delicious plain.  It may take you a few tries to get the heat level right or to get the flipping down, but eventually they will turn out great.  I am glad I tried this recipe and I will definitely be doing this again.  Thanks to all those who hooked me up with this idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment