Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Paleo Baked Cinnamon Apples

I really love cinnamon apples, and I really believe that they aren't just for dessert!  The other day I wanted a side dish for some comfort food- my Paleo Meatloaf- and honestly, one of the only produce items in my house was a bag of apples.  So, what could be better than to make some baked cinnamon apples as a side! This is crazy easy and can be a side dish, a snack, or a dessert.  How cool!  Check out what I did:

Paleo Baked Cinnamon Apples
  • 1 medium apple per person
  • raw honey
  • cinnamon
Preparation
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Slice up the apples, and peel them if you wish (I left the peel on).  Put the apples into a small baking dish, or use ramekins like I did (1 per person).  Drizzle a little honey over top, and sprinkle on some cinnamon.  Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the apples gets soft and bubbly.  NOTE: You could do this in the microwave too if you want it to be super fast.  I didn't try it so I can't give you exact times, but just a few minutes will be enough.
Again, this is super easy and is always a nice choice for a sweet side to accompany a savory meal, or even as a healthy dessert.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment