Saturday, October 5, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes

Can you tell that I am obsessed with everything pumpkin?  So my mission in the Fall is- what ELSE can I make a pumpkin version of??  Last weekend I decided to try pumpkin pancakes- Paleo-style.  Turns out, these are pretty simple and really not much different than other Paleo pancake recipes I have made.  I used this recipe as my starting point, though I am pretty sure there were easier options out there (like 3-4 ingredient recipes).  Regardless, it looked really good and it turned out delicious!  Another wonderful Fall meal!  Here is what I did:

Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
(serves 2)
  • 1/4 c pumpkin puree
  • 2 T almond milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 t maple syrup
  • 1 T vanilla
  • 2 T coconut flour
  • 1/2 t baking soda
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 1/2 c almond flour
  • 1/2 t cinnamon
  • 1/4 t ginger
  • 1-2 t coconut oil
Preparation
In a large bowl mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, syrup, and vanilla.  In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda, salt, almond flour, cinnamon, and ginger.  Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well until all combined.  Allow batter to sit for about 3 minutes. 

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add some coconut oil to the pan to grease it up.  Pour/scoop silver-dollar sized pancakes onto the skillet.  If your batter is thick (mine was), you may have to spread/flatten them out a bit with your spatula.  Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side.  You may need to add more coconut oil between batches.
Serve with maple syrup or honey, and try not to eat them all yourself!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment