Saturday, September 14, 2013

Paleo Coleslaw

Since I decided to make Slow Cooker Pork Barbecue the other night, I definitely needed a good Paleo version of coleslaw to accompany it.  What good is pork barbecue without coleslaw??  This is a great, healthy alternative to your typical coleslaw because it has no mayo/cream/milk or any kind of dairy product.  Of course, it has a slightly different taste than you might be used to, but it worked great with the barbecue.  I got my inspiration from this recipe, but I changed it up a bit to my liking.  Here is what I did:

Paleo Coleslaw
(serves 3-4)
  • 1/4 cabbage, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 T raw honey
  • 2 T apple cider vinegar
  • 1T olive oil
  • 1/4 t sea salt
  • 1/4 t mustard powder
  • 1/4 t celery salt/powder
  • 1/4 t garlic powder
  • 1/4 t ground black pepper
Preparation
In a bowl, combine honey, vinegar, oil, salt, mustard powder, celery power, garlic powder, and pepper.  Toss in the cabbage and onion slices until well coated.  Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving, or overnight is best.

Serve alongside Slow Cooker Pork Barbecue and enjoy!  A great side for a great Paleo meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment