Saturday, September 28, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Bread

It must be Fall!  Like every other 20-something female on the planet, I love anything pumpkin in the Fall.  One of my favorite things to make and eat has always been pumpkin bread.  Growing up, we always had some fresh baked pumpkin bread in the house this time of year, and we would all gobble it up.  So, I guess it wasn't always in the house, because it would go so fast! Regardless, I love love love pumpkin bread.  Since I already make Paleo Pumpkin Muffins, I figured I could easily make Paleo Pumpkin Bread too!  I found this recipe, probably via Pinterest while searching for everything pumpkin I could find. Well, I tried it out and it was fantastic.  The biggest difference between this bread and traditional pumpkin bread is probably the density.  It is not quite as thick or filling, which only means you can eat way more without feeling full, obviously.  You can decide whether or not to include chocolate chips- I have never added them with traditional pumpkin bread, but for some reason I was really craving it, so I added them.  Definitely a delicious choice, but either way will be great.  Here is what I did:

Paleo Pumpkin Bread
(makes 1 loaf)
  • 1 1/2 c almond flour
  • 1 t baking powder
  • 1 t baking soda
  • 1/2 T cinnamon
  • 1/2 t nutmeg
  • 1/2 t ginger
  • 3/4 c canned pumpkin
  • 3 eggs, whisked
  • 1/4 c raw honey
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 3 T coconut oil, melted
  • OPTIONAL: 1/2 c chocolate mini-chips (I use the Enjoy Life brand)
Preparation
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl (I used my kitchen-aid), combine the dry ingredients.  In a medium/small bowl, combine all the wet ingredients together.  Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well until combined.  Fold in chocolate chips (if you are using them).  Grease a bread loaf pan (I used coconut oil) and pour the batter into the pan.  Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. 

Wait until the loaf is cool to slice it- it will taste better.  Serve and enjoy!  And try not to eat too much in one sitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment