Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Spicy Grilled Pork Chops with Cucumber Melon Salsa

This is a recipe I have made before, and I realized that it actually is Paleo-friendly too! I love the combination of spicy pork and a sweet salsa, and this meal definitely fits the bill. I got the recipe inspiration from this site, but instead of doing a whole pork loin, I like to use pork chops.  This rub makes the pork chops super delicious, and by cooking them on the grill, you get that great flavor too.  This is another really great summertime meal!  Here is what I did:

Spicy Grilled Pork Chops with Cucumber Melon Salsa
(serves 2-3)
  • 2-3 pork chops (I prefer boneless, but bone-in is fine)
  • 1 1/2 T paprika
  • 1/2 T garlic powder
  • 1 t oregano
  • 2 t thyme
  • 1/4 t cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 t kosher/sea salt
  • 1/4 t cumin
  • 1/4 t black pepper
  • dash of ground nutmeg
  • Cucumber Melon Salsa 
Preparation
Combine all of the spices in a bowl.  Coat the pork chops front and back with the rub.  Make sure they are totally covered!  Allow the chops to marinade in the rub for 15-20 minutes, or even longer if you plan ahead (I did not...). Cook the chops on the grill over medium-high heat for about 7-10 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. 

Serve these topped with your delicious cucumber melon salsa.  That's it!  So easy and so yummy!
I served this alongside another really great side I have made before, my Avocado-Bacon-Cilantro Salad which was fabulous. This meal was really delicious and I would highly recommend you try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment