Monday, June 3, 2013

Cucumber & Tomato Herb Salad

I have actually made this delicious salad before, but this time I made it Paleo!  This is another one of those wonderful Pioneer Woman inspired recipes, but I did make some changes from her original.  This is a great summertime side, and it will go great with a lot of meals.  It is also super quick and easy to put together.  This recipe is enough for just the 2 of us, but I have also made it for more people- just double or triple the recipe!  Here is what I did:

Cucumber & Tomato Herb Salad
(serves 2-3)
  • 3-4 ripe tomatoes
  • 1/4-1/2 cucumber
  • 1/4 c olive oil
  • 1 T balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 T raw honey
  • salt & pepper
  • 6 (or so) basil leaves
Preparation
Chop up the tomatoes into chunks- I got about 8 chunks per tomato.  Chop up the cucumber into chunks- I sliced it and then quartered each slice.  Put them all into a bowl.  In a small bowl (or I just use a measuring cup), pour in the olive oil, vinegar, honey, and salt & pepper.  Mix it with a small whisk until it is all combined.  Pour the mixture over the cucumber and tomatoes.  Stir it all up.  Finally, chiffonade the basil leaves, and gently toss them with the salad.  Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for a few hours until you are ready to serve.  You could serve right away, but the longer it marinades, the better!

I served this salad with burgers (bun-less, of course) and it was a great side!  You should definitely try it out, and of course you can change up the veggies and herbs however you want (or with whatever is on hand).  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment