Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pancetta-Wrapped Chicken Skewers

Have I mentioned that I love lemon?  Or that I love pancetta?  Well I do.  I love both of them.  A lot.  So I found this recipe on Pinterest and I had to try it. I mean, it's basically all my favorite flavor agents in a meal.  I also love cooking on the grill, especially since it is reaching 90 degrees here this week (which is pretty darn hot for this area).  So this was the perfect meal for tonight!  It is really simple but would definitely impress your friends and family, or just yourself!  Here is what I did:

Pancetta-Wrapped Chicken Skewers
(serves 2-3)
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
  • 1/2 lemon
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 t sea/kosher salt
  • 1/4 t black pepper
  • 1/2 t dried rosemary
  • 3-4 oz. sliced pancetta
Preparation
In a large bowl, combine the zest and the juice of 1/2 lemon, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary.  Add the chicken chunks and allow them to marinade for 10-20 minutes.  Cut your pancetta slices in half so you have roughly the same amount of slices as you do chicken chunks.  Grab your skewers so you have them ready. Wrap a chicken chunk in a pancetta slice and slide it onto a skewer.  Repeat with all of the chicken. Mine filled up 2 skewers.

Grill over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.  Slide them off the skewers and serve!
Like I said, this was super delicious, and of course Paleo-friendly.  A great summertime meal for sure.  I served the chicken with a nice spinach salad, and it was yummy.  I hope you try it out and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment