Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Paleo Bruschetta Chicken

This recipe came about based on what I had left in my house the other day.  We had just been hosting some guests for a few days, and the house was basically cleared out of food, except for a few things (and of course I didn't want to go out to the store!).  I had a whole container of grape tomatoes, and a bunch of fresh basil, as well as some chicken, and I knew I could do something great with that.  Well, Pinterest to the rescue!  I happened to come across a pin for this recipe, and it fit the bill.  This was really easy and really delicious.  It was a bit hot in the house to bake in the oven, but I did it anyway, and it turned out great. Here is what I did:

Paleo Bruschetta Chicken
(serves 2-3)
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled
  • 1/2 - 1 c fresh basil leaves
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 t balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 c water
  • 1 package grape (or cherry) tomatoes
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced


Preparation
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a blender (or use an immersion stick), place the garlic, basil, olive oil, vinegar, water and puree until smooth.  Place the chicken breasts into a baking dish and pour the basil mixture over top.  Top with tomatoes and onion and bake for about 40 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
This would be great served with one of my favorite pasta substitutes like spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles, or even cauliflower rice.  Try it for yourself, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment