Thursday, June 6, 2013

Paleo Turkey, Bacon, & Avocado Wraps

Now that it is summertime and I am home all day everyday, I can experiment with lunches a little bit more.  I used to make sandwiches a lot, so now I like to make bread-free sandwiches. This is really easy and is really nutritious- just like a sandwich but with only the protein and veggies!  The only downside is that it may be a little messy and hard to eat, but I'm at home, so who cares!  Don't worry, I'm sure you could bring this type of wrap to work too.  Here is what I did:

Paleo Turkey, Bacon, & Avocado Wraps
(serves 1 or 2)
  • 6 (or so) slices deli turkey
  • 1/2 avocado, sliced
  • 1 hard boiled egg, sliced/chopped
  • handful spinach
  • 2 slices cooked bacon
Preparation
Lay out the turkey slices so they are overlapping a little.  I used 3 turkey slices per "wrap" and made 2.  Layer all the toppings on the turkey, roll up (as best you can), and eat!
This is really easy and you can add/subtract any veggies you want.  If the wrap is too hard to eat nicely, just turn the same ingredients into a salad with the spinach as the base.  Enjoy your lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment