Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Grilled Lemon & Thyme Mushrooms

I am always looking for interesting and tasty side dishes, especially ones I can cook on the grill! I found this idea on Pinterest and I was inspired to do my own version, but on the grill.  This way, there is almost no clean-up, and I keep the heat outside.  Of course, you can always bake this in the oven, if you want to make this in the wintertime rather than the summer.  Here is what I did:

Grilled Lemon & Thyme Mushrooms
(serves 2-3)
  • 1 lb (or so) cremini (or white) mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1 T fresh thyme, chopped
  • zest of 1/2 lemon
  • salt & pepper
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
Preparation
Heat the grill to medium-high (about 400 degrees).  In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, thyme, and lemon zest.  Cut a large rectangle of foil and lay the chopped mushrooms in the center.  Drizzle half the olive oil mixture over top of the mushrooms.  Sprinkle salt and pepper all over.  Fold up the foil to make a little pouch. Here are the mushrooms pre-grill:
Cook for about 10 minutes on the grill. Remove from the grill, open the pouch, and drizzle the rest of the olive oil mixture over top.  Squirt the lemon juice over top as well.  If you eat dairy, this would be amazing with parmesan sprinkled over top too!
I served these with some sausages and a spinach salad.  Yum!  Try it out for yourself with whatever main dish you want.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment