Sunday, April 7, 2013

Caramelized Honey Bananas

So, I won't lie, I did not come up with the idea for caramelized bananas myself... I found this recipe via Pinterest and decided to try it out!  I have been trying to get back into the Paleo life after this last week of kind of halfway doing it, so I wanted to start off the week right with a great breakfast!  I made my Apple Cinnamon Almond Butter Pancakes this morning, and I wanted to top them with a sweet and health treat.  So I tried this out, and it was delicious!  It was really simple and was a great topping for the pancakes!  Check it out...

Caramelized Honey Bananas
(serves 2)
  • 1 t coconut oil
  • 1 large banana
  • 1/2 t cin­na­mon
  • 1 T raw honey
  • 1/2 T water
Preparation

Slice your banana into about 1/2 in slices.  Heat a large skillet over medium-high, and add the coconut oil.  Once it is hot, add the banana slices into the pan and allow them to fry in the pan for about 2 minutes.  DO NOT MOVE THEM AROUND.  You want them to get nice and caramelized.  Once they are brown on the bottom, flip them over.  At this point, turn off the heat.  Mix the honey and water together and pour it over top of the bananas- it will get really bubbly!  Sprinkle the cinnamon over top of the bananas and they are ready to serve!  It should look like this:


Like I said, I served these on top of pancakes, but they would also be great as a topping for ice cream, shortcake, or really any other dessert or breakfast.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment