Thursday, April 18, 2013

Paleo Zucchini Bread

Okay, so yesterday I made the most amazing zucchini bread ever.  Seriously good.  I have been thinking about making this for a while now, and I found a recipe that looked really good.  Well, we have had snow days for the past 2 days (which if you know anything about where I live, you'll know that is HUGE) but my husband has been out at work, so I have been home alone (with the dog) for a while now.  What else to do but bake???  Perfect time to try it out. This recipe is SO delicious and moist and flavorful and did I mention PALEO?  It's really healthy, so that means it's okay that I ate the entire loaf by myself in the last 2 days, right...?  Right.  Well, here is what I did:

Paleo Zucchini Bread
(makes 1 loaf)
  • 1 1/2 c almond flour
  • 1 1/2 t baking soda
  • 1/2 t sea salt
  • 1 t cinnamon
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 T raw honey
  • 1 banana, peeled and mashed
  • 1 T coconut oil, melted
  • 1 cup grated zucchini (moisture squeezed out) 
Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.  Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.  In a large bowl (or your KitchenAid!), combine eggs, honey, banana, and coconut oil and mix until well combined.  Add the zucchini (make sure you got most of the moisture out!) and mix well.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until well incorporated.  Pour the batter into the loaf pan.  Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.  Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes.  Transfer the bread to cool on a wire rack.




This will taste fine when warm, but I think it is best when it is cool. Slice it up and enjoy!  And try not to eat the entire loaf by yourself in one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment