Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Paleo Ketchup

I can't believe I haven't made my own Paleo ketchup until now.  What have I been doing???  I guess we have been using other condiments and sauces instead.  Well, I finally did it, and it was so easy!  I found some basic recipes online and I knew ketchup was essentially tomato, vinegar, and some spices.  So creating my own was fairly simple.  I used this for meatloaf last night, but we still have some in the fridge to use on other things as well!  Here is what I did:

Paleo Ketchup
(makes about 2 cups)
  • 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
  • 1/3 c raw honey
  • 4 T apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 t dry mustard
  • 1/2 t garlic powder
  • 1/2 t onion powder
  • 1 t salt
Preparation
Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat.  Heat to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.  Refrigerate for a few weeks and use as needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment