Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oven Roasted Cabbage

I made this side dish the other night, and I have been meaning to share it with the world!  I found this idea on Pinterest and I made a few adjustments to make it Paleo, and it came out great. It was certainly easy and delicious and if you know anything about cabbage, you know it is super healthy too!  Here is what I did:

Oven Roasted Cabbage
(serves 4)
  • cabbage, quartered
  • olive oil
  • lemon juice
  • red wine vinegar
  • bacon bits (about 2 slices, cooked & chopped)
  • salt & pepper 
Preparation
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Place each quarter of the cabbage on its own piece of foil.  Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar on top of each chunk.  Sprinkle each with bacon bits and salt & pepper.  Fold up the foil to make individual pouches for each quarter, and place them all on a baking sheet/pan.  Bake for 20-30 minutes.  Then, unwrap the foil and you are ready to serve!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment