Grilled Chicken Kebabs & Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T tamari sauce
- 1 T pineapple juice (or you could use honey)
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 bell pepper (I used green), cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thick wedges and layers separated
- handful of mushrooms (white or cremini)
- 1/2 head cauliflower, grated
- 1 T olive oil (additional)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 c chicken broth
First, make the marinade for the chicken. Combine oil, tamari, and pineapple juice in a bowl and add the chicken chunks. Allow to marinade for about 15 minutes. To make the kebabs, grab some skewers and your chopped veggies and chicken. I like to just kind of alternate chicken, onion, veggie, chicken, etc until all my skewers are about even (I used 4 skewers). Make sure everything is on there nice and snug. Heat the grill to medium-high, and grill the skewers for about 10-12 minutes total, while rotating occasionally.
While the meat is grilling, start the pilaf by heating 1 T oil in a skillet over medium-high. Add the chopped onion and allow to cook until just translucent. Add the cauliflower and fry until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Just before you serve, pour in the broth and allow the "rice" to soak it up while stirring for about a minute. To serve, pile some "rice" on the plate and top with the meat and veggies you pulled off the skewers!