Saturday, March 9, 2013

Paleo Brownie Bites

If you have been reading my recent posts, you'll know that I have been trying to figure out how best to use coconut flour.  If you recall, it is super dense and a lot thicker than say, almond flour, and I have been having only moderate success using it in recipes. Well, I think I finally found a good one!  This recipe is technically for chocolate cookies, but I made some adjustments and found they are a lot more like little brownie bites, so I'm going with that.  They were easy to make and are really chocolate-y and delicious.  I think this is one of my favorite Paleo desserts yet!  They are also pretty rich, so there is not much chance that you would try to binge eat them- one or two is plenty filling.  Anyway, these are soft and taste great and I will make them again for sure.  Here is what I did:

Paleo Brownie Bites
(makes about 20 little bites)
  • 1/4 c coconut flour
  • 1/4 c cocoa powder
  • 1 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 3-4 T raw honey
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 T coconut oil, softened
  • 1 t vanilla
Preparation
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  In a bowl (I used my KitchenAid), mix together the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until all incorporated. Scrape down the sides of your bowl and mix for another minute or so.  It will start to get a bit drier as you go (coconut flour is like a sponge!), but the batter should look like brownie batter- just a bit moist.  Line your cookie sheet with parchment and use a cookie scoop to drop dough in little balls onto the sheet.  Press them down a bit if you want them flatter.  Bake for about 10 minutes, but be sure not to overcook as they are best when soft.  Allow them to cool on a rack for a few minutes, and then, enjoy!

Like I said, these taste great- they are fairly chocolatey and fudgey, which I like, and they are such a cute little bite too!  Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment