Sunday, March 3, 2013

Paleo "Peanut Butter Cups"

The other day I was craving chocolate, as always, so I decided to make another chocolate-based dessert.  This time, I used a recipe I found on Pinterest to make Paleo fudge, or as I prefer to think of these as- "peanut butter cups." Obviously they are not made with peanut butter, so really they are more like "almond butter cups."  Even so, they are really delicious and a great Paleo treat.  I wouldn't recommend eating 5 in one sitting (1 or 2 at most would be best), but they taste great and are really easy.  Check it out:

Paleo "Peanut Butter Cups"
(makes 1 dozen)
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup  almond butter
  • 1/4 cup raw honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Melt coconut oil.  Blend all ingredients together in a food processor or with a mixer.  Pour into a muffin tin (divide evenly among the cups).  Use liners if you want, but I poured it right into the pan and they popped out fine.  Freeze them for 10 minutes. Use a knife or small spatula to pop them out, and keep them sealed up in the refrigerator.

Easy enough!  In my opinion (and my husband's), these taste a lot like Reese's cups. They are definitely a healthier version, and are a great treat in moderation.  Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment