Sunday, March 17, 2013

Coconut Fruit Dip

Today I had some ladies over to work on an assignment for one of my grad school classes, and I felt the need to provide some snacks for us while we worked!  I had just bought a ton of fresh fruit, but I wanted to make some kind of dip to go along with it.  I had also randomly decided to buy coconut milk, so I had that handy to use.  After a bit of googling, I came across this recipe which looked easy and delicious.  It was super easy to make and tasted great- it was a really nice accompaniment to the fresh fruit.  I would definitely recommend this to anyone entertaining while doing Paleo, or even just for a great Paleo snack.  Here is what I did:

Coconut Fruit Dip
(makes about 2 cups)
  • 1 c coconut milk
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 2 bananas
  • 2 t coconut flour
Preparation
Put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender, or use a handy immersion blender like I did! Blend until smooth.  Keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve- the longer you chill it, the thicker it will get.
 


I served this with fresh pineapple, melon, apples, and strawberries.  I loved it with all the fruit!  The original recipe also suggests adding cocoa powder, and I may try that some time for a chocolate dip.  Regardless, I would recommend it for sure.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment