Friday, March 15, 2013

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Third Time's a Charm!)

My faithful readers will know that I have been trying to find a great Paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe, pretty much since we started this journey.  I have made them with almond flour, almond butter, etc, and they keep turning out too soft/sticky/flat.  They have tasted great, but they have not been the best consistency.  So then, you may know, that a week or so back I bought some coconut flour and found out the hard way that it is a LOT thicker than almond flour.  So, I figured if I am trying to get thicker cookies, it would only make sense to use the thicker flour, right?  Well, I found a bunch of recipes using coconut flour and I went for it.  This recipe guaranteed that the cookies would not suck, so how could I go wrong?  Well, she was right- these cookies are great!  It looks like the third time's a charm!  I didn't have shredded coconut on hand so I left it out, and still the consistency is wonderful and they taste super yummy.  I made mine really small so they are like little bite sized bits of happiness (and unfortunately the size made them easy for me to eat a lot in one sitting, oops...).  You should definitely try these out- best Paleo chocolate chip cookies I have made yet! 

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes about 1.5 dozen small cookies)
  • 1/2 c coconut flour
  • 1/4 c coconut oil
  • 1 1/2 T raw honey
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 t vanilla
  • 1/8 t sea salt
  • 1/2 c chocolate chips (I finally bought the Paleo-friendly Enjoy Life chips and they are great!)
Preparation
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Melt the honey and coconut oil together in a microwave-safe bowl for about 20-30 seconds. In a large bowl (or KitchenAid), mix together the coconut oil, raw honey, eggs, vanilla extract and sea salt.  Stir in the coconut flour and chocolate chips. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll out little balls of cookie dough. Place on the baking sheet and gently press down to flatten them out a bit (they won't flatten while baking).  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown (you want them to stay soft!).

These definitely look the best out of all the attempts I have made, and they tasted the best too!  I am really happy with the result- the only problem is, it will be really hard to have portion control with these!

No comments:

Post a Comment