Monday, March 18, 2013

Pork Chops with Bacon Balsamic Brussels Sprouts

Another night without water in our home meant making another dinner that required little-to-no cleanup.  This time, I used a combination of the grill and the oven (using a foil-lined pan).  I bought some brussels sprouts the other day that I needed to cook, and I love the combination of sprouts with pork chops.  For the chops, I used a marinade that I kind of made up, and it turned out tasting delicious.  For the sprouts, I decided to go with some alliteration and add bacon and balsamic vinegar.  Also delicious!  You can't go wrong with double the pork.  Like I said, I was trying to minimize clean-up, but you could cook the pork chops on the stove or in the oven if you wanted.  Keep the marinade the same though, if you want it to taste amazing!  Here is what I did:

Pork Chops with Bacon Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
(serves 2-3)
  • 1 lb pork chops (I used bone-in)
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1 T tamari sauce
  • 1/2 T red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 T lemon juice
  • 1/2 t dry mustard
  • 1/2 t garlic powder
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/4 t black pepper
  • 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half
  • 4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
  • 1/4 red onion, sliced
  • olive oil
  • balsamic vinegar
  • salt & pepper
Preparation
For the marinade, combine 2 T olive oil, tamari sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large Ziploc bag. Shake it up to mix it around, and then add the chops.  Allow them to marinade for at least 15 minutes, or up to a few hours.  When you are ready to grill, heat the grill to medium-high and grill for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.  Alternatively, you can cook them on the stove or in the oven.





For the sprouts, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  I lined my baking pan with foil to minimize clean-up, but you don't have to.  Add the sprouts and onions to the pan and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Season with salt and pepper and toss until everything is coated.  Roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occassionally.  Once they are out of the oven, sprinkle on the bacon crumbles and serve!



This was another delicious (and mess-free!) Paleo meal that we would recommend you to try out!  Hope you enjoy it and stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment