Sunday, March 17, 2013

Grilled Steak Fajitas

Well today was an interesting day.  We found out that there was a major problem with a plumbing line in house, and long story short- we really can't use water until Monday.  So, I had to go with a meal that would require basically no clean-up and therefore little-to-no inside cooking.  I decided to make steak fajitas, pretty much all on the grill. We love fajitas, and we didn't need to Paleo-ize my go-to recipe at all!  The only change I made was using the Almond Flour Tortillas that I have made before.  At the end of the meal, all I had to clean were the bowls I used to mix some ingredients, and a cutting board.  Not bad!  I love this recipe, and I love the taste of grilled steak and peppers!  Here is what I did:

Grilled Steak Fajitas
(serves 3-4)
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 c fresh lime juice
  • 1-1/2 t ground cumin
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 2 lb skirt steak (or flank steak), trimmed 
  • 2 bell peppers (various colors), sliced thin
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • Almond Flour Tortillas
  • Paleo Salsa & Guacamole
Preparation
In a large Ziploc, combine garlic, lime juice, cumin, and olive oil.  Seal the bag and shake it up to mix it all together.  Add the steak, onion, peppers, and cilantro, then seal and shake/turn the bag to get everything coated.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours to marinade.  When you are ready, heat the grill to medium-high.  Remove the steak from the bag, and transfer the peppers/onions to a large heavy duty piece of foil.  Fold up the foil to make a little pouch to cook on the grill.  (Alternatively, you can saute them in a skillet or grill pan).  Grill the steak for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Grill the vegetables for about 10-12 minutes.  Allow the steak to rest for a few minutes, and then slice it thinly against the grain to get thin strips.

To serve, place steak strips on top of tortillas, and top with peppers/onions, salsa, and guacamole.  Dig in!  Like I said, I have made this recipe before and it is always a hit!  Luckily, we have a fair amount to save as leftovers too.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment